Red Hat is an American-based international software company that provides open source software products to organizations. Founded in 1993 by Bob Young and Marc Ewing, Red Hat was recently acquired by IBM.
Red Hat is the world’s leading enterprise solutions provider, using open source to deliver high-performance Linux, cloud, containers and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat, which is basically an open source cloud software business, is best known today for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. After acquiring the open source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss, it also launched its enterprise virtualization product Red Hat Virtualization (RHV). If you need to improve your knowledge about Hybrid Cloud, Public Cloud, RHEL, Linux Kernel (the kernel of the Linux operating system (OS)), Unix, Kernel or Selinux, our Redhat courses are for you.
OpenShift is a container application platform that enables organizations to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. is a PaaS (platform as a service) product that provides a predefined deployment environment for any type of application using container technology. As such, OpenShift provides predefined application environments and is built on Kubernetes foundations to provide support for DevOps principles such as shorter time to market, infrastructure as code, continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD).
OpenShift Administration Level I training provides knowledge about Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform installation and management.
In this course, you will learn how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters and see how developers are using this platform.
- Install the OpenShift Container Platform cluster,
- Configure and manage master elements and nodes,
- Securing OpenShift,
- Control access to resources in OpenShift,
- Monitor and collect OpenShift metrics,
- Deploying applications to the OpenShift Platform using S2I (Source to Image),
- Managing storage in OpenShift,
- To learn container concepts,
- Configure resources using the command line interface,
- Creating a pod,
- Enable services for the pod,
- Creating a route,
- Download and configure images,
- Undoing and activating deployments,
- Create custom S2I images.
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: Review the features and architecture of the OpenShift Container Platform.
- Setting up the OpenShift Container Platform: Install OpenShift Container Platform and configure a master and node.
- Exploring network concepts: Define and explore OpenShift network concepts.
- Executing commands: Execute commands using the command line interface.
- OpenShift Container Platform resources: Controlling access to OpenShift Container Platform resources.
- Persistent storage: Providing persistent storage and using it for the internal registry.
- Managing application deployments: Handling resources to manage deployed applications.
- Metric subsystem: Installing and configuring the measurement acquisition system.
- Manage and monitor: Manage and monitor OpenShift Container Platform resources and software.
- Deep dive: Installing, configuring and deploying applications in a cluster.
- Wanting to install and configure the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform:
- System administrators,
- System architects,
- System developers.
- RH270 is recommended for a deeper understanding of the architecture used by OpenShift.
- RHCSA, RH124 and RH134 or equivalent RHEL system administration experience.
- RHCE is recommended.
Plan this training institutionally!
This training can be planned in different durations and content specific to your organization. Please contact us for detailed rich content and planning to realize your training objectives.